Sunday, June 21, 2015

Vests, Ottobre and a Linden

The vest on this Japanese sewing book has been on the to do list for a while. I pulled out the left over fabric from a jacket I made for Eva a few years ago and realized I had plenty for a vest for Olive and one for her cousin.
 This is a very easy pattern, there is just a front, back, collar and pocket. You make it in the outside fabric and then the lining, pin them together and bind all the edges.
I had just enough vintage fabric left from the Louisa dress to line and bind Olive's vest
I used Liberty to make the lining and binding on the other one and used snaps for both instead of buttons. I made the size 100cm, which is the smallest in the book. It's a little big for Olive, but it fits and there is plenty of room for her to grow.
 Eva chose this fabric the last time we were in Spotlight which was the week the latest Ottobre arrived. There was the perfect pants in there. I thought about trying to match the chevrons for about 2 seconds and realized that was never going to happen.
Eva loves these and has already asked for more.
I finally made myself a Linden sweatshirt. I used some cheap grey fabric (it might be French terry or something similar) and it turned out really well. I need to get some fabric to make more.

3 comments:

Chookyblue...... said...

love the vest......well done......you get so much done......

Abby and Stephanie said...

Happy Olive! That's adorable and I love the print peek a boo against the solid. I always enjoy seeing the sewing you're up to!

bec said...

Ugh, her curls are gorgeous! And that smile....The vests are great, I just got a hooded vest pattern I saw on IG for the niece and nephew (wish there was a word for both of them together haha) and going to add a layer of batting, I think, to make it warm.
Like the Linden too, I haven't bought it yet as I found a McCalls similar (and cheaper at a Spotty sale). Think i'm making one for Sib first as she's found the fleece at Spotlight she wants- not cats, thankfully!