Monday, June 15, 2015

Happy Pants by Peach Patterns


My girls are getting bigger and it's getting a little harder to find good patterns for them, most patterns go up to 6 or 8 years so I was excited when Marina from Peach Patterns emailed to say she was designing patterns for older children!
I tested the Happy Pants for her and decided to make them for Eva in size 7. I used some soft corduroy and scraps of quilting cotton. Soft corduroy was perfect for them. They are a really relaxed fit and Eva says they are very comfortable. Marina has a great way of doing elastic which means the top and bottom elastic both sit really well and aren't annoying.

I love these round pockets they are a cute touch (they are a little low on my test version, they have been raised a bit in the final copy).

If you are looking for patterns for older girls definitely check out Peach Patterns, I can't wait to see what is coming next!

No comments: