Sunday, March 22, 2015

McCalls 6792

I think the 80s might be missing a shirt. Hope they don't want it back as I'm keeping it. 
 It is McCalls 6792. I thought this would be another very quick top to make, but it took me a bit longer than I thought. The fabric was a bit slippery to it took a while to cut out. I had to unpick the corners of the yellow a few times and they still aren't perfect. This patterns has a lot of ease, it is lucky you can make it up and take it in where you need to before doing the hems. I needed to take it in all over and quite a lot on the lower sleeves. I also gave it some waist shaping on the back seam. The only other change was to do a narrow hem at the neck instead of the facing.
I love this shirt, I'm not sure I need to make another colour block shirt, but maybe I might need a dress in the future.

3 comments:

Craft to Do said...

Love it Kate.
I have made myself a couple of shirt this year, thanks to your inspiration.

Anonymous said...

Really love that Kate!

Helena said...

I love it as a dress - the one shown B on the pattern. Looks so comfy.