Thursday, February 26, 2015

McCalls 4769

The sewing mojo seems to be hanging around and so does the hot weather so I thought I would make one more summer dress.
This is McCalls 4769 which is sadly out of print now. I'd read quite a few reviews that talked about the difficult collar and facing, but I read through the instructions, followed each step and didn't have a problem.
The only changes I made were binding the armholes instead of using facing and using 7 buttons instead of 6. If I make it again next summer I'll make a couple of small fitting changes to the bodice. I really like this pattern, it didn't take log to make and it's really comfortable to wear.
The fabric is a quilting cotton by Rebecca Bischoff for Robert Kaufmann.
Sorry about the slightly blurry photos, had 2 minutes before school drop for the girls to take a few photos.

 


4 comments:

Jane said...

Ooh I love this! And the fit looks great, except it could lose a wedge out of the back waist, which is something I often find I need to do. Also, I am loving your hair :)

A-L said...

What a great dress! I'd love to have one like that as well. Looks so cheerful !

Jodie said...

Pockets !!!!

Rachael Elswyk said...

Love it!!!!!!!