Thursday, November 07, 2013

Summer Cot Quilt


A Summer Cot Quilt for Olive. I pieced and backed this quilt at the end of last summer in a couple of hours. There is no batting in the middle I wanted something very light weight for when the nights are warm. It has sat around all winter waiting for me to stitch it. I finally started last week when the weather warmed up.
The hand stitching is inspired by the beautiful stitching on Kantha quilts. I used 2 strands of embroidery cotton as it comes in such bright colours and I can buy it in town. I love the texture the stitching makes. I was thinking about stitching the whole quilt, but I love the little bits of colours and the texture and I think it will be even better after it is washed.




2 comments:

liz said...

Lovely!

scientician said...

Noice! Love a bit of hand stitching. I'm finding more and more inspiration from your posts. Thank you.