Monday, July 08, 2013

Sewing Patterns and Lime Trees

 Some good mail form last week from Maria at Shop Onion. Obviously one can never have too many patterns for knit wrap dresses.
A friend dropped off the best surprise last week, a bag of vintage patterns her Aunt was going to throw out. I don't think she realized just how exciting this was for me! These are just a few of them. I love old patterns, even if I don't intend to make them I love to look at the construction and techniques that are used.
 I finally found and planted a kaffir lime tree, they seem to be very hard to find at the moment and a few nurseries said they can't find any at the moment. Mum eventually found one in Albany for me. I planted a Tahitian lime while I was at it. Mmm curries with Mojitos.

1 comment:

Jo said...

I've had a kaffir lime in a pop for quite a few years now and it's still going strong, though I don't use the leaves often its great to have. Now I'm on te hunt for a finger lime plant after trying them recently - delicious! Enjoy your plant.