Monday, April 01, 2013

Baby Hat


I hope you all had a lovely Easter weekend. We headed further south (like most of Western Australia) and had a wonderful weekend with family. It was over too soon and we are back to the realities of washing and cleaning the house.
The weather is changing and the one thing I have about babies is that they can never have too many hats, especially in winter. You need light ones for inside and heavier, warmer ones for outside. I have a couple of skeins of the ms. gusset cormo which is so amazingly soft and perfect for babies so I searched Ravelry for an interesting pattern with ear flaps. Eventually I found this one and bought the pattern from Etsy.
I made the larger size. It is a little big so it will fit her for ages. I knit it with the undyed cormo and had planned to dye after I finished when I decided on the colour I wanted, but I love the cream colour and will leave it as it is. More details on ravelry.
 

 

5 comments:

Chrissy said...

Such cute photos. That hat is so sweet.

Lisa said...

Oh she looks so sweet

Anonymous said...

Awwww, very cute. Looks cosy warm

Robyn said...

That hat is awesome and your little girl is so cute.

Ruth said...

Adorable!

Thanks for the links to the hat pattern.