Saturday, October 13, 2012

Baby Quilt

A finished little quilt.  I don't think you can have too many quits around when you have a baby, they are great in the car, pram, cot, rocker and on the floor.
This one is made from 6 panels of the Maze & Vale faric I treated myself too and is 31" x 36".
 I did some very simple free motion quilting in rows. Big and little loops and each row has one love heart to echo the grey love heart fabric. I marked each row with a hera marker and vaguely followed it so the quilting was not all over the place.
 This is not a tutorial, but more of a 'how I did it". This is how I cut the panels. They are all about 13.5" x 16.5". I measured mine and they were all a little bigger so I knew I could cut all the pieces out easily.
 Once I cut them I rearranged them and sewed them back together. Because a few of the prints were directional I made two of the middle blocks (like the one below) and made sure the pieces were going in the right direction.
 I made four of the side blocks and made sure all the pieces were going in the right direction.
After I made the blocks I sewed them together in two rows and then joined the rows.
It would be very easy to make this quilt a bit bigger. If you had 9 panels of fabric, just cut them all the same and then make 9 blocks and join them in 3 rows of 3.

5 comments:

leslie said...

Oh I LOVE it , Kate!! You've done such an amazing job and the quilting is completely perfect. x

Annie said...

Beautiful quilting - beautiful quilt

Samantha Dennison said...

What subtle elegance for a baby quilt. Quite beautiful! x

Jenny said...

It is just lovely

Di said...

It really is lovely. I haven't visited for a while but glad to be back - loving all the craft!