Tuesday, December 07, 2010

Blue Fabric

I'd like to say I had a great day out in Bunbury shopping yesterday, but it was mostly doing jobs that had to be done and there was one car sick child just as we got to Bunbury. Lucky I carry emergency clothes and clean up supplies in case this happens (motion sickness is not uncommon in our family). It is amazing how happy children are and back to their normal selves after they get it out of their systems.
I managed 5 minutes in Spotlight and found some nice fabric - the apples at the top were in the quilting section (though not cheap) and the trees were in the childrens cotton drill section. The gingham made up for the cost of the apples - $1 a metre. I got enough for lots and lots of school uniforms.

4 comments:

Naturally Carol said...

I love the tree fabric especially! You are clever to make school uniforms and you'll save yourself a packet...more than a few metres of apple fabric, I guarantee!

Katie said...

I love the trees, might have to make a trip to spotlight now.......

Kirrily said...

My oldest daughter gets motion sickness - even when she's asleep. It's a nasty thing to have to deal with and I'm grateful for our recent discovery of Phenergen (although I use it sparingly).

I had a giggle when I read you had been to Bunbury - couldn't help but think of "The Importance Of Being Earnest" (if you're familiar with the play you'll understand why I had a giggle, if not and you like a good girly kind of play with lots of twists and turns - you might like to check it out!).

Abby and Stephanie said...

The joys of motherhood. Love the little trees and the gingham is sweet as can be.