Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Vintage French Patterns

My friend Emma recently gave me these two gorgeous French sewing pattern books. They were published in 1971 in French and Spanish and have the cutest children's clothes patterns. They are a bit like Ottobre in that you draft of the patterns from a giant sheet and there are instructions with no diagrams. I think I will be able to work out how to sew most of them, but some will be too tricky for me without the instructions (I speak no French or Spanish). I have searched the internet for more information but can't seem to find any, which is probably lucky. If I found any on ebay I'd want to buy them immediately.



11 comments:

posie blogs Jennie McClelland said...

What an awesome friend, love when they know your style & potential, love Posie

Suzy said...

Oh, how fantastic, I can't wait to see photos of your girls in vintage style dresses! I love the red one with the bib in the second picture, and the yellow one with the pleated skirt. And the blue one in the 3rd picture with the drop waist and circular skirt is gorgeous too.

Eliisa said...

What a gift! Lucky you. I do like dresses. My 9-years girl would like a green dress - number three in the 3rd picture.

Eliisa said...

Oh no, a grey dress, not green!! Arghh, my english... ;)

Tracey said...

Have you tried typing the instructions into www.translate.google.com ? I find it handy for translating recipes.

Alicia said...

I do speak Spanish and usually instructions are so badly writen that I am always figuring out more than reading ;) but in case you need translation, feel free to ask :)

Abby and Stephanie said...

Love the illustrations. Lucky you to receive such a wonderful gift.

Seaweed and Raine said...

They are stunning! Want to share? LOL
I don't know how much help this will be - but have you used Google language tools before?
http://www.google.com/language_tools

Have fun with the patterns - and I can't wait to see how they turn out! :)

Black Eyed Susie said...

I must be honest and tell you I'm a bit jealous. They look great. I bet you can work it out. You have so much sewing experience.

Jacinta said...

Oh that is such a great gift!!! They look amazing... I seriously like them all.

www.modelmumma.blogspot.com

Sandrine said...

Oh you are very lucky Kate!If you need some help with the french you can call me! :)