Thursday, September 23, 2010

Jump Rope Dress Part 3

It is finished! My first Jump Rope Dress (it will be definitely the first of many). I used a green quilting fabric I found on sale at Spotlight and some Kei honeycomb as a contrast the same way Amy did on this dress.
I made a size 4 as I bought the size 4-8 pattern and I just made it shorter. I tried it on Amelia who is 5 and the top fits, it just needs to be longer. I think I will make it in a size 5 or 6 though when I make theirs to allow for growth. I followed the pattern exactly for the pockets and they worked perfectly. Who knew things worked when you followed patterns!! might have to follow patterns a bit better in the future.
I love this pattern, it did take a bit more work than I usually put into childrens clothes, but it was worth it.




14 comments:

Sue said...

Just gorgeous and the green looks beautiful on Evie too!

Jodie said...

Cutest little slug ever - the pockets are pretty cute too though ...

Mary said...

and it is gorgeous as is your model :)

Mel said...

It's really beautiful Kate, you've done such a fabulous job. LOVE the fabric choice, so sweet.

Bianca Jae Makes Stuff said...

Super cute and look at Evie's hair!? When did it get long and curly? Just gorgeous xox

Unknown said...

It's gorgeous. I love the fabric you used and the pockets turned out fantastically. Oliver + S make fabulous patterns, don't they?

Leonie @ Cuppa and Cake said...

Super cute!!!!

Unknown said...

Very cute, lovely green fabric and the pockets are so sweet! Evie seems to like the dress too! :) x

Anonymous said...

Such a pretty dress and the fabrics are gorgeous. Looks like Ava loves the pockets :)

Eliisa said...

Sweet dress indeed and very sweet girl! Like yours comment; "..things worked when you followed patterns" ;) I should know that...

AJ said...

CUTE CUTE CUTE!!! The model and the dress!

Fran said...

Ahhhhhhhhhh! That is so adorably adorable - L O V E it!

Thimbleanna said...

Eeeekkkk! How CUTE! I love the polka dot and flowered fabric combo!

Miss Cinti - my poppet said...

Oooh pockets, may start adding pockets to Emma's clothes. Would love to see what she collects