Monday, December 29, 2008

Christmas

I finished Emme's quilt just in time. I quilted in with a diamond pattern and before we left for Mum and Dad's. I sewed on the binding on Christmas Eve and had it wrapped before bedtime.

My sister planned the food this year. I was responsible for pastries and brioche for brunch. Lunch was salads and glazed ham - perfect for our summer weather.
I think the highlight of Christmas on the farm for the girls was catching yabbies in the dam or yabby lobsters as they call them. We wish they were lobsters. They weren't too bad with some chilli sauce.
I think my highlight was being outside with children in the wading pool. Here is my sister Jane and the hat I made for her.

11 comments:

Sue said...

The quilt turned out beautifully Kate. Isnt it fun to catch yabbies. Our aunt has a dam with them too and the kids love it. Your sister looks very happy with her hat. I think I may have to try out that pattern.

Anonymous said...

what a beautiful quilt! i'm glad you had a good Christmas, Kate!

Corrie said...

love the quilt!!!!!sounds like a very australian christmas!

Corrie;)

Leah said...

MMm, lovely quilt - those colours are so fresh with the white.

Lulabell said...

Love the quilt and the quilting is perfect. I love yabbies, I do miss going to my grandparents house a playing with yabbies all day before they go in the pot for tea.

our shabby cottage said...

Love the quilt Kate and well done on getting it finished in time!! Teh hat for your sister looks great on her. We had cold meats and salads too and ate far too much!

Anonymous said...

Love the colors of the quilt. It sounds like you all had such fun!

Happy Holidays!

jacquie said...

so cute kate! sending a late merry merry and wishes for a great new year.

Kris said...

Such a beautiful quilt! You are brilliant with colour.

Philigry said...

it all looks so great! happy new year.

Anonymous said...

Love the quilt and love the hat, your sister looks pleased with it too.