Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Random Things Today

My sister suggested I might like to actually finish something I have started. So I cast on a Baby Surprise Jacket.
I managed to finish something - a new bag that will be in the shop.
Eva has become a napper, the girls were like this and being my first I just thought this was how it was, then I discovered that there are very knowledgeable people who can help with this. They will be getting a phone call.
I had flashbacks when I saw some Guides selling these on the weekend. My sisters and I were Girl Guides and we used to be given boxes of these to sell. My mother dreaded this. I remember one year on a driving holiday up north eating packets of them in the back of the car. I'm sure Mum thought this was great. We got rid of them all and we were quiet for the trip. I hadn't eaten one since until I bought a packet for the girls. They have a chocolate layer now and taste better than I remember.


7 comments:

Blossom said...

Aah yes...the wonderful, resourceful Ngala!!! I called them so many times with Chloe, that I'm sure they knew me on a first name basis. Good Luck!!!

our shabby cottage said...

Oh, I remember selling those Biscuits too - I hated guides. My Mum forced me to go and I used to feign headaches to get out of going. (we had a very nonchalant leader)
As for the napping - my first did that too. We went to sleep school and I learnt the "patting/ssshhh, method". I got so sick of patting I let him scream himself to sleep! He is a brilliant sleeper now!! Yeah.

Michelle said...

over the east coast we have tresillian.
which is a goup of very wonderful nurses etc who help out with sleeping/eating/settling etc problems.they have a couple of "centre" where you say with them in groups with other mummies and they help you through the problems.i spent a week there when my 11 year old was 7 months old and i left with a very happy, smiling baby...

Mette (Mettuska) said...

Oh, I´ve had same problems here also. I got some help then when I red a book from Anna Wahlström. We had it in finnish. Hope you get some tips.
Beatiful bag you have made again!

liset said...

Lovely bag! Gorgeous orange fabric. Very pretty!

Anonymous said...

Your bags are beautiful! I am new to sewing - rec'd a machine from mother-in-law so I'm surfing blogs to learn and get ideas. I love your choice of colors.

I've never heard of Guide Biscuits

Jedda said...

I'd nearly forgotten how hard it is when they just dont or wont sleep ...two of mine were terrible sleepers, I had a friend come to stay one day who was a nanny, she had us sorted in no time at all.
bag looks great by the way.