Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Socks

Another pair of Thuja socks. These are for my sister Jane for her birthday last week - so only a little bit late. Knit using Lorna's Laces Shepherd Worsted in Desert Flower.
I love looking at all the wonderful sock yarns on Etsy and I couldn't resist these from Sunnyside Ellen. Another great find this week was Shop Onion - a place to buy Onion sewing patterns. I first saw these in while visiting Denmark a few years ago and bought a few and really liked them. So it's great to find a place that will sell them worldwide.

8 comments:

Rachael Elswyk said...

The socks look fantastic, what gorgeous yarn that LL's is.
Thanks for the Onion link!

Belinda said...

They look awesome!! I beat she will love them.

Di said...

The socks are fab and I love the new yarn!! I also love Denmark - I wen to Copenhagen last summer and loved it! Where did you visit?

Sue said...

Wonderful socks Kate, and I am sure your sisterwill love them. The colors of the other sock yarn are so pretty too.

Melissa said...

Love the socks, especially the blue yarn. I don't know how you find the time to knit socks on top of everything else you do. I know how to knit but have never tackled socks yet because I'm afraid I'd lose all sense of time around me and the kids wouldn't like that.:0)

Gina said...

OH I am sure she will love them, I do : )

Stacey said...

Gorgeous socks!
I knitted a pair for my husband a while back. If that doesn't prove I love him, nothing will.

shula said...

Onion Shop.

Excellent link.