Sunday, February 04, 2007

Some sewing

Today was such a nice day, a complete relief from the heat yesterday. We have had a pretty quiet weekend. I went to a great Cuban theme dinner on Friday which was great fun and and the food was delicious and it bought back great memories of a week Chris and I spent in Havana 3 years ago. Other than that it has just been housework, mowing the lawns, sewing, playing with the girls and some cooking and a bit of reading. I managed to finish The Emperor of Scent. A really interesting look at scent, perfume and the search for how we smell.
A few pictures of things I have finished that will end up in my etsy shop soon.
Margareta the Alien Giraffe.
A new Australian animal - a koala doll.
A wombat.
This is the latest in my echidna prototypes. It looks kind of dolphin/dinosaurish. It looked so good in the picture in my head, it definietly didn't look like this. Back to the drawing board.To finish on something happy. I am not very good at thrifting but I managed to find this great purple sheet at the new vintage shop in town and the pillowcase was a gift from a friend.

9 comments:

Jo said...

Crikey! Those animals are fantastic. Especially your wombats, they are just lovely!

Anonymous said...

You are too hard on yourself :) They're all so lovely and you have no idea how much I think a baby would love your echindna for all of its tags and wonderful shape - it's great!
Love the fabrics you've managed to get your hands on for all of these, where do you shop? I love the belly of the koala, ozzie aborigonal dots are gorgeous.

Anonymous said...

The echidna is spectacularly adorable! Don't be so hasty with the prototype judgment. . . (The others are wonderful as well --- I just have a soft spot for echidnas.)

Robyn said...

All your softies are just so adorable. You are so talented. And the fabrics you found at the thrift are lovely.

Anonymous said...

Dear Kate,

Believe me when I say...

I think you're brilliant.

The koala and echidna made me shriek with delight.

That actually doesn't happen to me very often.

Anonymous said...

i'm loving the spikes. it looks great.

you have been sooo busy sewing.

The Koala is so magical.

Anonymous said...

You had a great day thrifting.
Love the colours in the purple sheet. I find so much more in fabric when you look past the fabric and look at sheets,dooner covers, tablecloths.
Also, love love love the echidna....

Anonymous said...

he he he!! LOVE the wombat and the echidna particularly but they are all so cute!

Anonymous said...

Hello there! Just found your blog (thanks for your comment on mine) - your work is so fabulous, I will have to go back and read everything. I just love your toys.