Sunday, August 20, 2006

More Bags

I have been making bags and playing around with shape and handles etc. I can't remember where I read about adding darts to the bottom of bags to shape them, but I am very glad I did.
These two are in my Etsy Shop.

Here is a link to a growing list of Aussies who have shops on Etsy.
I received Good Design in Soft Toys by Rudi de Sarigny in the mail last week. Well worth the price. It has some patterns for soft toys, but the first half is all about designing your own toys. We could have an decent elephant soon, not to mention a giraffe that actually looks like a giraffe.

4 comments:

sooz said...

Wow, I've never read a book on soft toy design! Sounds like it could be interesting...I hope you'll post about what you've learned.

Anonymous said...

Love the bags, they look great the darts seem to add a roundeness to them don't they.

Anonymous said...

thanks for this link, if I ever get to putting some items in my etsy shop I will come back to this.

Anonymous said...

The bags are so lovely. Did you have a pattern for the rounded edge one?